Saturday, June 24, 2017

Sugarpops Mermaid


The cuteness continues with a new release of Sugarpops!  This is Sugarpops Mermaid colored up with Copics and added to some fun 'under the sea' paper from the Polkadoodles Winnie Starfish and Sandcastles collection.  You can peruse the entire Sugarpops collection HERE.

I decided to shake things up a bit with a shaker card!  I started in Design Space by slicing a circle into the front panel.  Then I brought in the paper design and sized it to fit the card the way I liked it.  Finally, I flattened the black and white Mermaid digi onto the panel.  

After cutting that, I colored that little sweetie with Copics.  

To make the shaker, I covered the back of the card panel with Acetate Alternative and applied 3-D tape to that.  I put in my shaker elements, removed the backing of the tape, and put a piece of cardstock over the elements.  Once those little beads and sequins were secure, the panel was adhered to my card base.

This little mermaid is swimming off to the following challenges:
A Gem of a Challenge:  Summer Colors
Crazy for Challenges:  Include Water
The Fairy and the Unicorn:  AG optional Summer Solstice

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check out the FaceBook Polkadoodles Page for more inspiration using the New Lil Miss Sugarpops!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely card Katrina! Thank you for sharing with us at The Fairy and the Unicorn and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete