Friday, June 2, 2017

Chunk/Junk Journal


The theme over at Cut It Up this time is Summer School!  Now, usually that is not such a good thing; but in this case, it was really fun!  The idea is to follow a tutorial and tell who you followed.  I followed several YouTube Tutorials from Jen of Eve Designs to make my chunky junk journal.  However, I did not use her templates/patterns.   



I have several pictures, but it's probably easier to understand watching the video above.  There I could show you all the pull-outs, slide-ins, flips, etc.  I will say up front, I had to video outside; therefore the color is not true so I inserted photos.  

Almost all the paper is from Polkadoodles Winnie in Wonderland Collection.  The collection includes digital paper, ephemera, sentiments, digis (black & white and pre-colored), tags, etc.  

Everything in my book is from Digital downloads and are pre-colored.  No Copics were harmed in this project!  ; )

I did add black cardstock, white cardstock, lined paper from stash and one strip of striped paper from Polkadoodles Octavia Collection.  

Embellishments include:  Offray lace, buttons, CTMH charms/gems/numbers, ribbon, waxed twine, homemade flowers, Prima flowers, SVG cuts from Cutting Cafe, chain from broken necklace. There are also cuts from Artbooking & Art Philosophy.

The book covers and spine are made from Grafix Medium Weight Chipboard.  I inked all the pages, tags and cover with black pigment ink.  Now, if you are wondering if I was covered in ink by the time the project was done...well, the answer is a resounding, "YES!"  
I did some embossing with an M-Bossability embossing folder.  I used Liquid Glass and Studio G Glitter Glue for some sparkle and shine.  
Thanks for hanging with me through this long post!  Please view the video for more information and a better look at all the "bells and whistles."  You will see parts of the book I couldn't get with my still camera.  

Winnie is off to the following 
challenges:  
TTCRD:  AG
Pile it On:  Animal &/or Spring Garden
Dream Valley Challenge:  More than one fold 


So happy you came by to visit!  Make yourself at home here and peruse other posts, ask questions, leave comments, check out my Pinterest, or visit my YouTube Channel.  


16 comments:

  1. This is the BEST thing I have seen in a long, long time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this must have taken you forever, but looks like you had loads of fun (and lots of black fingers!) Just gorgeous!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...I am speachless...this is brilliant make...wow...LOVE LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just STUNNING Katrina!!! LOVE each page design... looks like so much work/love went into making this... It's really a Fabulous project! Thanks for sharing it! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!! It's superb!!
    Congratulacions it's a very beautiful project...some details, lovely digi.
    Thanks for joining with us at Making Memories Crafting.
    Yaiza DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW This is just AWESOME work. Great job, great colouring and I love it.
    Thank you for sharing with us here today at World Wide Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Annette DT Registered Owners/Admin for World Wide Open Design Team Challenge


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the lovely comment, Annette! I actually did no coloring as everything was pre-colored from Polkadoodles! The papers and digis are so incredible in this collection! Most of the digis do come b/w for coloring, but in this case, no coloring for me! ;)

      Delete
  7. a stunning gift. Thanks for playing along with DCD this week and our Anything Goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute. So much work. TFS and joining us at Jo's for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow this is absolutely stunning, love the cover and the image. Thank you for joining our Anything Goes/Bingo challenge at MMC. We hope to see you again soon!

    Sonia DT
    Making Memories Crafting
    Digitally Made

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katrina this is just fantastic! Truly gorgeous album!!! You did an amazing job keeping each page flowing smoothly into the next with all the beautiful cards, bands, pockets, etc. I really love the collection that you used. But I do have a question... by printing all these papers and images and emphemera out ... doesn't this take up a ton of ink? How often do you need to replace your ink for your printer by doing this?
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jo! Interesting question; I actually didn't use that much paper/ink since I just print out what I need. For example, I only print the amount of each print I need and not entire 12 x 12 sheets and then cut. I usually plan my projects on the computer, print the patterns I want to use along with the ephemera and then put it together. As for the amount of ink, I can't answer that question as the printer is new and I'm not sure how quickly I'll get through the cartridges. I'll see if I can remember to keep track. I need to do a post on the advantages of digi papers and such.

      Delete
  11. OH my goodness...absolutely glorious project. Makes me want to craft immediately :D Love the choice of papers too. Thank yu for sharing with us at Dream Valley Challenge XXX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous journal, so many fabulous details, I could look at it for ages! Thank you so much for joining our bingo / Anything goes challenge at Making Memories Crafting this month, I do hope you'll join us again soon,
    Love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous journal katrina,love each page.
    Thank you for joining us at Making Memories Crafting Challenge.
    Shylaa DT@MMCC
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete