Thursday, June 15, 2017

As Shepherds Watched...



The new challenge over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday is Christmas!  Our sponsor is Whimsy and I chose to work with Star of Bethlehem.  I fell in love with this image and had an idea....then the digi seemed to take a turn as I was coloring!  Happens that way very often for me!  I started with a traditional coloring style and then it seemed to move into a more rustic, dark look.  Since he is a shepherd out with sheep at night, I decided to move with it and make it go a "messier" direction.  

I started in Design Space flattening the image onto the paper from Vintage Woods Digital Papers.  I then colored with Copics and adhered onto a card base.  

Remember our twist is Christmas, but anything goes.  Be sure to share with us whatever is in your workspace; we'd love to see it!

Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts or view some of my videos at my  YouTube Channel

The sweet herd is off to:
12 Months of Christmas: AG opt theme Fur, Fluff, Feathers, or Fins

7 comments:

  1. Not sure I understand the process you used, Katrina, but I certainly love the results. Messy? I can't see messy, but that backdrop is wonderful and the texture on the lambs is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't understand the process, either...but wow, the results are stunning! Love it, Katrina!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina wow I just love the way you have coloured your image and all the textures it looks so gorgeous. Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, love your coloring! Thank you for joining us at The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Sherry x
    DT for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Katrina this card is simply gorgeous!!!! Love all the texture you added and the coloring is gorgeous! So beautiful!
    I hope you are having a beautiful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    xox
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katrina, this is as sweet as can be! Thanks for joining us this month at The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up. Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at the 12 months of Christmas cards link up. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete