Friday, May 5, 2017

ULA Mermaid



Here's ULA Be a Mermaid in Swishy Tail mood!  This is a large bookmark for my planner.. you know, so I can mark those "swishy tail kind of days"!

I started by adhering this adorable Polkadoodles ULA digi to a starfish die cut and cut it with my Cricut.  I then added some Copic coloring, gel marker to her tail and Liquid Glass to the shell.  I inked around the starfish and added some white gel pen to the smaller starfish.  I printed the sentiment onto the tag die cut from Polkadoodles Winston Collection and cut it with the Cricut, also.  

Now comes the messy fun!  I sprayed the tag with homemade mist.  I made this mist with ink, metallic paint and water.  I started with the light blue and then added green for the next layer of spray.  Next, I got out some Faber Castell Glass Bead Glitter Gel and applied it over a stencil.  I sprayed with the green again and then a light mist of Color Bloom Spray (Glistening Waves) by Prima.  

The sand was sort of an experiment.  I covered a sand die cut with Ranger Crackle Paste and sprinkled embossing powder over it.  I then heat set it.  I added a couple of layers to that.  I then applied some glitter glue and sprinkled some teal seed pearls over that.  Once dry, I adhered it to the bottom of the tag.

My net is a piece of wall repair tape.  I inked it and stretched it out of shape and adhered it.  I added some sparkles and twine/ribbon/cheesecloth to the top.

This Mermaid is swimming off to the following challenges:
The Crafty Addicts:  Die Cuts
Classic Design Team Open Challenge:  AG
Copic Spain:  AG with Copic Coloring
Sunsational Stamps:  Swim/Beach/Ocean
City Crafter Challenge:  You Can Do It ? Create your own Background

Want to see more ULA inspiration?  Check out the FaceBook Polkadoodles Page or Digi Choosday Page!  You will find all the ULA images HERE!

Thanks for stopping by for a visit!  Feel free to check out other posts, pages, my Pinterest or YouTube Channel!  

13 comments:

  1. Katrina this is wonderfully coloured and designed. Love the vibrant green and orange.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag it is gorgeous I love Ula Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous tag! Love the Swishy Tail Mermaid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colouring is perfect and your tag turned out fab. I LOVE that background. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tag, Love the colours
    Hugs Hester

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous. I love it. Nice work.
    Thank you for sharing with us over here at Classic Design Team Open Challenge and best of luck with your entry.
    [Annette Registered Owner/Admin for Classic Design Team Challenge]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning tag love the bright colours and texture. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Addicts. Helen DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute mermaid and love your colouring. Thank you for joining us at Sunsational Stamps Challenge.
    Shylaa DT
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Sunsational Stamps!
    Marji DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great bookmark - love the way you've put it together.

    Thanks for joining us for our challenge at Sunsational Stamps!

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful project, love bookmarks, thank you for playing at Sunsational Stamps, hope to see you again in June.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really adorable. I love that image and the colors just pop right off that tag!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab tag love the layers and colours/ing xx

    ReplyDelete