Thursday, May 4, 2017

TT Circus


Time for a new challenge over at The Outlawz Twisted Thursday!  Our theme this week, which is always optional is Circus and our sponsor for the month is PPinky. 

I printed the image, Clown, on Arches cold press watercolor paper and used watercolor pencils from CTMH to color up this sweet clown girl.  I imagined her sitting in a tree, saddened by the world and dreaming of running away to the circus!  Although this is currently a card, it might end up in my journal.  There's something about these muted colors and imagery that seems to be crying out for that, but for now it sits in card form.

My circus tent cut is from Cricut Paper Doll Dress Up.  I welded two of them to make a card base and then cut the card front from stash paper.  The circus silhouettes are from the following cartridges:  Animal Kingdom, A Child's Year, and CTMH Art Philosophy.  

Remember our twist is anything goes.  Be sure to share with us whatever is in your workspace; we'd love to see it!

Thanks for dropping by today.  It's always great to have company!  Please feel free to peruse other pages/posts or view some of my videos at my  YouTube Channel.



4 comments:

  1. Beautifully done! Love the silhouettes of circus animals, clowns and balloons! This card design looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great circus scene! I love the silhouettes you added, what a clever idea! The circus is in town this weekend in my neck of the woods...how appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katrina such a beautiful circus card love your idea of the big top. Hugs Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just amazing, Katrina. Love the whole scene you created!

    ReplyDelete