Thursday, June 16, 2016

Gran's Chair



This pretty image is from Beccy's Place and is part of the Progressive/Freebie Challenge over at Outlawz Challenges!  When I was a kid, my grandparents had a child's rocker just this color.  We used to sit in it and read books.

My card is a CAS card this time.  I know, that's very out of character for me!  I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone a bit.  Of course, I couldn't jump out with both feet all at once; I had to layer and put a bow on it!  I suppose that makes this Clean and Layered.

Material List:

Image:  Gran's Chair from Beccy's Place
Copics
CTMH Cardstock:  White Daisy, Honey
CTMH Embossing Folder:  Floral
Embroidery Floss from Stash

My chair is rocking its way to the following challenges:

Alphabet Challenge Blog:  H for Hand Coloured Image
Beccy's Place June Challenge:  Use an image from Beccy's Place
Outlawz Progressive/Freebie Challenge
Pile It On:  Something Old (embossing folder), New (Image), Blue (The Rocker colored with Copics in various Blues)



Thanks for dropping by!  If you are into CTMH products, you might enjoy checking out the Flash Sales every Friday in June.  They have some great bundles Friday-Sunday.

6 comments:

  1. What a very pretty card Katrina, the bright yellow and blue work great together and like the touches of pink too. The embossing in the background adds some great texture to your project as does the bow you added in the top corner. I enjoyed your story about the child's rocking chair that you remember from your Grand parents house... it's always nice to make cards that mean something to us. Great job!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your image and the fresh and bright coloring - lovely. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Pile it On Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card and image thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very beautiful card! I love it when we tell stories with our cards! such a lovely memory you shared with us today!
    xoxo olga

    ReplyDelete
  5. your bow fits perfectly on your cas card! Petra DT Beccy's Place

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your dcard, gorgeous colouring. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges Caz DT

    ReplyDelete