Saturday, June 11, 2016

Framed!



A couple of weeks ago, one of my cards was chosen as top pick over at Challenge Up Your Life.  That honor comes along with the opportunity to be a Guest DT over at their challenge blog.  I never turn down that sort of fun!

The theme this time is Frame(s).  Now I have to say, I had several different ideas in my head and I just couldn't seem to commit to one.  Then I was out in the barn and saw the old shoes hanging, remembered the most recent pic of my little grand-girl with a stuffed horse, and decided on an entirely different project!

I designed this in Cricut Design Space.  I cut 4 ovals from cereal boxes and glued them together as the backing.  Then I cut my photo in an oval slightly smaller than the previous ovals.  My flowers were cut from the CTMH Artiste cartridge and stamped using background stamps to give them some texture.  I fussy cut a little heart out of burlap and tied a twine bow.  To make this stand, I cut a hinge type of arm for the back and adhered it with a glue gun.

Material List
Used Horseshoe
CTMH Cardstock:  Sorbet, Pixie, Pear
CTMH Embellishments:  Gold Sequin, Mocha Gem, Burlap
CTMH Ink:  Champagne, Blush
Darice Twine
CTMH Stamps:  Distressed Backgrounds, Assorted Edges

My little frame is trotting off to:
 Die Cut Divas:  AG
613 Avenue Create:  AG
Outlawz Twisted Thursday:  AG
Fantabulous Cricut:  Father's Day~ Hey, this pic of grand-girl will make a great gift for Papa!

I'm so thankful to the team over at Challenge Up Your Life for having me as their guest!  Go check out  all the wonderful projects from the DT and share your frame project!  I know they'd love to have you!  Thanks for coming by to visit.  As always make yourself at home and feel free to check out other pages/posts, shop the CTMH flash sale, leave me a message, or contact me using the button at the right side.

SaveSave
SaveSave

7 comments:

  1. Love this! Such a cute picture to go with the horseshoe! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a FANTASTIC project. Love your creativity I know there will be people looking in their stashes for a used horse shoe and not finding one. :)

    What a wonderful photo to put in your frame.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! a great frame!
    xoxo Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super adorable idea I love it.
    Thank you for joining the Fantabulous cricut Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART crinkle ribbon
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com
    FCC Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is amazing! And what a little cutie :) Thanks so much for joining us for the FCCB challenge this week! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing idea!! Great job!!! I married into a farming family and I might have to try something like this!!! Thanks for much for playing at FCCB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Katrina, I love your Idea. Thats so sweet.
    Thanks and best Regards
    Mone (CUYL)

    ReplyDelete