Friday, March 6, 2015

From Thunder's Point of View



Have you ever had the perfect sketch, paper, embellishments, pictures, etc and still couldn't make a layout work?  I struggled with this one for days before I came to this revelation: this is not MY story!  I needed to scrap/write it from Thunder's point of view!  Once I figured that out, it came together.

If you look closely at the pictures, you'll notice Thunder walking quietly behind and beside his girl.  Then as they got closer to the barn, our younger horse decided to check things out and Thunder felt this was entirely unnecessary!  Note those pinned back ears and Rubin moving away with crossed over legs!  Kelly and Lucy are laughing because Kelly knows exactly what is going on here, but he also knows he needs to move Lucy along and get her into the barn in case Rubin doesn't yield to Thunder's warning!  Thunder is very protective of this little girl and I am now inspired to do another LO from his vantage point.

I used the wonderful sketch from Stuck?! Sketches.  If you've not visited that site, I highly recommend it.  I have to say, I can never seem to leave the sketch alone and this one was no exception. I rotated it and flipped it!  I loved the sketch the way it was, but I couldn't seem to make my pics work......like I said I struggled with this LO until I thought about how Thunder would want it!  ; )

The background paper is from DCWV Rustic Stack.  The blue behind that is from Core'dinations.  The rest of the paper is CTMH.

CTMH Embellishments include:  Epoxy Bubbles, Floret Paper Flowers, and Timberline Assortment.

Stash Embellishments:  Lace, lace heart, horseshoe sticker and buttons.

Cricut cuts include:  My Girl - Once Upon a Princess, Paisley pieces - Holiday Cakes, and the background Swirl is from Wild Card.

Ok, I'm out to the barn to talk to Thunder about his next LO idea.  I'm sure he'll have something in that sweet head of his!

Have a scrappy day!

8 comments:

  1. great catch w/the camera! very very pretty page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty, love the burlap and journalling! Thanks for sharing with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. I like the pictures and the tag with the journaling. Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely layout! The colours are beautiful & the way you have journalled is great! Thank you so much for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colors with your photos and I love how you turned the sketch to accommodate them. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous layout! Love your horse! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you've made this sketch your own! The bright blue elements and torn edges are fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thunder is so sweet! =)
    Great layout!

    ReplyDelete