Thursday, February 5, 2015

My Valentine



 Sometimes my LO's are inspired by themes, sometimes by music, and other times by sketches.  Then there are times when it's inspired by all of the above!

This LO is sort of a look back.  I love those lyrics; they are from Wayne Watson's song "What Are You Still Doin' Here?"  If you've not heard this song and are interested, here is a link.  This song pretty much sums up what we both feel!

Kelly and I have been friends since we were 12 years old.........that's about 40 years now!

We eloped, so we had pictures done soon after we were married.  The more recent photo was taken a year or so ago.

Now, if you see pics later of me in a wedding gown, it's because we later had our wedding blessed in church.  That's a whole other story........ So, on to this LO!


My sketch came from Sketchabilities.

I started this LO with a blank piece of Colonial White CS.  I stamped with a background stamp in Chocolate and Flaxen.  Then I grabbed some gesso, pearl metallic paint, and Chocolate re-inker and painted lightly over the entire piece.  Next, I pulled my music stamp and stamped that image around the page.

My cuts are as follows:
Vines:  Heritage
Lower right hand embellishment:  Heart cut from vinyl: Home Decor & Flourish: Teresa Collins December 25
Border and Hears:  Art Philosophy
Clock:  This cut was scanned into Design Space from the stamp set Key Moments.

CTMH Stamp sets include:  Key Moments, Fabulous You, Universal Backgrounds, and Love Life.

Ink colors:  Twilight, Chocolate, Flaxen, Slate, Archival Black, and Desert Sand

My LO is going off to:

Sentimental Sundays:  Wedding/Anniversary
Fantabulous Cricut:  Valentine's Day
Sketchabilities:  Sketch

This is also my 3/20 for the February Scrapbooking Layout Challenge on Facebook.

Thanks for stopping by today!

2 comments:

  1. This layout is gorgeous, Katrina! I love how it appears simple but is actually very detailed when you look closer. Thank you for sharing it with us at FCCB!

    Diana ♥
    Leelee Card Designs
    FCCB Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful page - its gorgeous. I love the layout and detail. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Sentimental Sundays! x

    ReplyDelete