Saturday, February 21, 2015

Move It!


This is another one of the canvases I did for a PATCH student.  In case you missed the info about these canvases, you can refer to this blog for the back story!

This young lady showed to the song "Move It" from Madagascar.  She wore the cutest costume and did such a great job with her horse!

I started the canvas with homemade glimmer mist made from CTMH Create a Shade Paint (retired), water, and Sky re-inker.  I stenciled the animal print with CTMH Pear ink with a stencil made from the Cricut Stencil Cartridge.  The polka dots are homemade texture paste tinted with CTMH re-inker.  I used a stencil cut from the CTMH Artfully Sent Cartridge.

I found the Madagascar image on the internet; I printed and cut it with my Cricut.  The Zebra is cut larger and popped off with 3-D tape.  The arrows are from a stencil I had in my stash and the groovy tape is Duck tape!  The title is cut from CTMH Ruby and Honey card stock.

This is going off to the Exotic Animal Challenge at Cut it Up!  Doesn't get much more exotic than those Madagascar characters!  ; )

If you would like to see more of these canvases, here are links to some of the others:  Yankee Doodle, Ode to Joy, Happy, and Let It Go.

Thanks for stopping by to see my exotic animals!

2 comments:

  1. You sure get the most out of your Cricut machine! This is so creative. What a great project! Thank you for sharing your Exotic Animal with us at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute! I predict busting out that song repeatedly for the rest of the day :)

    ReplyDelete