Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Wrap It Up!


 Happy Birthday to Exploring Cricut and More!  There's such a great celebration over there and I'm so happy to have been invited to the party!  Now, don't be sad 'cause you're invited, too!  Just follow this link to join in the fun:  Exploring Cricut and More Birthday !

Since it's a birthday, I decided to share a present and wrapping I made for my sister.  Now, for those of you who follow my blog you may be thinking you saw her birthday card weeks ago!  (You'll notice a color theme here!  These are her favorite colors.)  Yes, you did; her birthday was in September.  We always celebrate all the fall birthdays together at one time in the middle of October.  Ok, I realize that was probably more info than you needed about my family's celebration habits, so on with the project!  ; )

The actual necklace was made from the Base and Bling Collection at CTMH.  The Base and Bling pieces include:  Faux Silver Chain, Faux Silver Square Pendant, Square Glass Cover, Storyteller Sheet, Rhinestone Charm, and Storyteller Charm.  I added a couple of jewelry rings from my stash.  For directions on making this necklace see this video.

I made the display card from CTMH Olive and Sweet Leaf cardstock.  I cut a piece of cereal box the same size as the Sweet Leaf piece of CS and glued it all together.  I punched a couple of small holes and cut slits on the diagonal to the holes.  To keep the chain in place I found a little bag with self sealer and stuck the remaining chain in and just stuck down the self sealing part.  I never throw anything away.....does this make me a hoarder?  Yikes, oh well.....in this case it worked out well!

Now for the moment you've been waiting .........  The Wrapping!


 This sweet little pillow box is from the Wrap it Up cartridge.  I used CTMH Ivy Lane (retired) papers.  I cut the little flower from the same CS's as above.  The little flower is cut with a hole in the middle.  I simply cut two.  I tipped them in Smokey Plum ink and curled the petals a bit.  I used a bit of scrap tulle and tied it around the box.  I knotted it 3 times to give it a large knot and pulled the knot through the hole in the flower.  I then trimmed off the excess tulle.  EASY!!

Have a great time at the party!

This is also going off to Take Heart Ideas October Challenge.

2 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Katrina!!! Love the necklace and the pillow box!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great use for the Ivy Lane paper. I love it. I haven't used any of the CTMH charms or jewelry yet. What great inspiration. Thank you for joining the Take Heart Challenge.

    ReplyDelete