Friday, February 7, 2014

Whooo's Your Valentine?

I was the very lucky recipient of this really adorable stamp set!  I'm lovin' it!!

Katie, my daughter and reason for my CTMH obsession,  is really into the 'owl craze' right now; so this card is for her family.  I thought this would be a perfect card since it is their first Valentine's Day as a family!  Of course, my little grand girl will get her own Valentine from her new Nana; I have yet to get that one started.  I got a box from CTMH about an hour ago and the Unicorn stamp is in there along with Lollydoodle paper!  What would be better for a horse crazy 5-year old girl?  Nothing, right?

Reminder to self:  Focus.......stay on task!  Finish this, unload the dishwasher, and then you can open the box!

Alright, I'm back and concentrating on this precious little owl family!

Most everything on this card is CTMH and from the "Whooo's Your Valentine" stamp set.  The branch was cut from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge out of Saddle CS.  Ink colors are Sunset, Cotton Candy, and Ruby which just happen to be the colors over at Color My Heart Color Dare!

I started by sponging the bottom 3rd with sunset getting lighter as I went up.  I then sponged in the Cotton Candy and ended at the top with Ruby.  I used the stamp set on the bottom using Sunset alternating the stamp to put the open heart at different places.  I then colored in the hearts with a glitter gel pen.  I stamped the owls in Ruby and Cotton Candy.  I then stamped the heart/moon and the Love with Sunset.

I stamped with Cotton Candy over the branch with the xo circle in the set to give it texture and then glued it in place.  Finally, the little owlet!  I stamped her on White Daisy CS and cut her out.  She is popped off with 3-D Foam Tape -- ready to fly when Mom isn't looking!

Ok, off to unload the dishwasher and open my box of CTMH goodies!  Yay!  I have to say, this new Idea Book is full of the best papers yet!  For the first time, I wanted them ALL!  The hostess stamp sets are amazingly cute!  Stop by KatiesCorner.  Once you're there, go to 'Promotions' and click the 'Rediscover CTMH'.  There you will find some free Valentines to print!  Under that you'll see the link to the Idea Book.  Enjoy!


6 comments:

  1. What a darling card. What is it with girls and owls? LOL My almost 19 y/o is obsessed as well. It sure makes buying gifts for her easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute card! Love how you have the heart background just under the branch. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card! Love how your owl family sits on the tree branch with tiny hearts below it and a wonderful pink sky with orange heart/sun above it. Great arrangement! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Dare again and congratulations on all of our color badges you are collecting!
    :) Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. These owls are so cute and make the perfect Valentine greetings for the new family! Thanks for joining the Color Dare this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I love all the texture and sponging! Thank you for playing the Color Dare this week. I can't wait to see what you do with the unicorn stamp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hansi! Your unicorn card with the sponging inspired that look. ;)

      Delete