Monday, February 24, 2014

Rock a Bye, Baby!


This is my Shabby Chick Cozy Quilt for a new baby.  I chose to make my own patterned paper using the following stamp sets:

Blush Color:  Remarkable Wreath CTMH
Sweet Leaf Color:  Cross Stitch Wishes CTMH
Buttercup Color:  A Tree CTMH
Sky Blue Color:  Love CTMH

None of these stamps is really meant to be used as backgrounds, but since you can bend them and they are clear it's easy to use them for that purpose!

I cut the quilt squares and stamped them.  I cut my heart from Art Philosophy and stamped stars from the Unicorn Dreams; the Love banner is from Remarkable Wreath.  I then grunged up the outsides following up with some distressing with Blush ink.  I made bows with embroidery floss and stitched them in as well as the line for the banner.

I glued all of the little squares onto a larger square, cut away the excess, and embossed it with a Cuttlebug bird and vine folder.  I'm not sure of the name of it!  I never keep the packages and never seem to have presence of mind to write it down.  I'm sure I could find it on the web, but as I'm searching it might make me lose track ...... and one knows, I can't be tempted to do that.  Once I'm looking at folders, then I start looking at other things and never seem to get back on task!  Wait, I'm doing it now with this long, tedious explanation of why I'm not looking up the name of that folder!  UGH!

Ok, back to the post!  Where was I?  Oh, yes, the embossing.  I then used that same folder to emboss the white background.  I adhered the Daisy White to the Sky Blue.  I wrapped Sky Blue Ribbon (CTMH retired) around the quilt on the left side.  I adhered the heart over it and put the little embellishment badge (CTMH Chantilly assortment) over the heart and ribbon.  I tied a little yellow bow (CTMH retired) and stuck it in the corner.  I adhered my quilt to the white cs.

Finally, I stuck on a few blue gems from the wedding left-over stash!  Geesh, those things will be around forever!  My card base is Sweet Leaf.

Now, here is the same quandary I pondered last week in this linked post, is this Shabby Chic?  I don't really know!  When I think of Shabby Chic, I think of old and shabby looking.  I see bows, ribbon, calligraphy, trunks; and all of that conjures up visions of the Victorian Era!  I don't why.  Now, when I think of that era, I think of birds and quilts.  I don't know why I think of that either, but I do!  So, here it is.

My little birdie is taking this quilt over to Curtain Call for the Cozy Quilt challenge and to Heart 2 Heart for the Shabby Chic Challenge!

1 comment: