Monday, February 24, 2014

Cozy and Cuddly


There's nothing quite as cozy and cuddly as saying "yes" to the man and little girl of your dreams!  I'm sure my daughter never thought she would be saying 'yes' to two when the question was popped, but how much better could it be?!  That's why this is going over to Heart 2 Heart for the Cozy and Cuddly Layout Challenge.

They got engaged Christmas time 2012 and I'm just now getting around to getting it into a book!

I started with the picture of Katie and Lucy.  Lucy was all wrapped up in her daddy's Dr. Who Scarf!  Doesn't she look all cozy in that knitted scarf all cuddled up to Katie!  I chose the Partridge and Pear paper for the colors.  I could pull the red and green from the scarf with those papers.  I backed the large picture with Ruby and New England.

Then I decided to add the pictures from the proposal to this page.  I backed the first pic with New England Ivy that had been embossed with an M-Bossabilities Floral folder.  The "yes" picture was backed with Blush cardstock that had been stamped with the heart stamp from the CTMH Lovely stamp set.

 This large embellishment is a snowflake from the Art Philosophy Cartridge and distressed with New England Ivy ink.  The 2nd layer was cut from Sorbet cardstock and embossed with M-Bossability Heart folder.  When I adhered this piece, I only tacked down the center so the 'little flower' parts would stick off the page slightly.  This gave it a 3-D look without adding bulk.  The star-like center is from the middle of the 2nd layer of the snowflake design.  I placed the heart on top of that.  The heart is on Colonial White cardstock that was inked with blush and distressed with Ruby around the edges.  I used the CTMH Love Life stamp set for the sentiment on the heart.  The key is from the Brocade Assortment; these are in the "While Supplies Last," so get them quickly if you want them!


The journaling shape is from Artbooking and the stamp is CTMH Lovely.  I used the "Love" and "this holiday season" from the Scandinavian Wishes which was a stamp of the month from October 2013.  The little blush flourishes are from the Love Life stamp set.  I finished that out by embellishing with Flamingo Dots!

The embellishment at the top of the page was from my stash.  I took it apart and had those parts left over.  I wanted it to look sort of like a wish came true under a shooting star!

Looking for creative ideas, stamps and papers to scrap your favorite memories?  Check out KatiesCorner for Close To My Heart goodies!


2 comments:

  1. Katrina, you've do e an awesome job on this layout. What a wonderful cuddly & cozy story to scrapbook about. Love the techniques and the design. Thanks for joining us at H2H Scrapbooking this week.
    Sandra V.

    ReplyDelete