Friday, January 31, 2014

Spotlight Technique at Heart 2 Heart

Spotlight technique is a technique placing a spotlight on one part of your piece.  I was inspired by the challenge over at Heart 2 Heart to give this 'new to me' idea a try.

I started by cutting my card base by welding to shapes together in CCR.  This shape as well as the circle is from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge.

I stamped the post, sentiment and lantern with the CTMH Illuminate. The little heart is from CTMH Whoo's Your Valentine.

I would take out the glow marks around the lantern and just keep the glow, but once it's there, there's no going back!  ; )  But.... that's ok.

As I was getting ready for Katie's wedding I learned an important lesson about creating.  I had several decorations sitting on tables and as different people would see them I found no two people liked the same ones.  There were some I had done that I didn't like at all and someone else would say it was their favorite!  I learned very quickly that I don't have to love everything I create and there can be elements that aren't my favorite.  It took me a long time to learn that, but I'm finally there!

That's the fun thing about challenges; they push me to create out of my zone.  Sometimes I like the outcome and sometimes I don't, but I always walk away with a new idea for the next project!

So, if you aren't sure about entering a challenge, go for it!  If you love CTMH products, head over to Heart 2 Heart and check out their weekly challenges.  They last all month so there's plenty of time to mull over the early challenges and don't forget to see the scrapbook layout challenge.  Monday starts a new month of challenges.

Materials not mentioned earlier in post:
White Daisy Cardstock
Inks:  Sunset, Archival Black, Hollyhock, Ruby

3 comments:

  1. What a creative and unique way of featuring the spotlight technique! Great job. Thanks for playing along with H2H challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like what you did here. I love this stamp set from CTMH. It has become one of my top 10 favorites to use on a regular basis. Thanks for sharing your spotlight card with us at H2H challenges.
    Sandra V. at H2H Scrapbooking

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative and outside the box!
    Thanks for playing at H2H

    ReplyDelete