Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Time to "move on!" The Mini Series Finale: Smash Book Meets Artbooking Mini Albums


This is the third and final part of the Smash Book Meets Artbooking Mini Albums: The Mini Series!  Yay!  It is now time to show you the book in its finished state.  I'll go through the pages in order describing the pages I did not show in the October 31 and the November 16 posts.  For more information on those pages, you may click the dates!

Carol's Baby album inspired me to finish this one and send it over to Heart 2 Heart for the Moving On Challenge.  This album has pages that slide in and out, pages that lift, and tags that can be moved.  Keepsakes can be moved from one pocket to another or into an envelope.  Oh, and it's for my friend who moves around on horseback!  hahaha  Oh yeah, and now that it's finished I can be "moving on" to another big project!

The cover is made using the stamp set from the Huntington On the Go Workshop.  The Paper is Clementine (retired) and Olive.  The button was from stash.  The cute embellishment is from  CTMH Mini-Medley Accents Antiqued Gold Collection.  The gems are, of course....you guessed it....Mocha gems!


Page 1 might also be from the Clementine collection.  The sentiment is stamped with a stamp set from the CTMH Art Philosophy Bundle.  The page was cut from Artiste along with the faux fence and the decorative cuts to make the fence boards!  See the caption for more details on that technique!



  
Pages 1 & 2
The faux fence is really a
pocket for pictures
or notes.
The fence was created in CCR.  I started by welding 2
 Boo cuts from Artiste.
I then went to the ? key used the Accent 1.  I 'hid countour'
the outside of the design and welded in what was left after
copying it several times.

Page 3


Pages 2 and 3 were cut from the Artbooking Cartridge.  To get the copper tarnished look, I started with CTMH Terra Cotta cardstock.  I smudged over it with Chocolate, Barn Red, Juniper, and gold inks.  I colored over the letters with a Barn Red marker.

Page 4



Page 4 was cut from the Artbooking and
stamped with Crystal Blue and Twilight
inks using the CTMH Artbooking
My Life stamp set.


Page 5 Envelope makes Page 6 (See Post Nov 16)





For pages 5, 6 , 7 (the envelope) and 10,
please see the November 16th post.

Back of envelope is Page 7 








Page 8
   Pages 8 and 9 are the front and back of the boot!  I cut the boot from the Old West cartridge one time from Crystal blue and Barn Red and a second time reversed from Champagne.  I used an embossing folder on the toe and pull strap.  On the front of the boot, I colored the sole with a Barn Red Marker.  I decided I wanted more blank space on the back of the boot for journaling or pictures, but I didn't want it blank.  So, I used the  border stamp from the CTMH Scandinavian Wishes to apply a border around the boot.  ( I love the fact that the long stamps are pliable and you can bend them around like that!)  I stamped it in Chocolate.

Pages 9 and 10


Pages 11 & 12
Page 11 was cut from the Artbooking Cartridge.  The pocket is from Clementine, the bottom border is from Florentine, and the top border is one of the paper strips.  The brown strip at the bottom of the pocket is grosgrain ribbon.   The shape for my stamp was cut from Art Philosophy.  The stamp is CTMH Yeehaw (retired) in Barn Red.  I smudged some green ink to make the trees in the background, blue for the sky, and a little brown at the bottom.  "notes" was cut from the Artbooking; I stamped that again with the Scandavian Wishes border to give it some texture.

I filled the pocket with a piece of notepaper cut from Artbooking and stamped with the Take Note Stamp Set.  The shapes were all cut from the Art Philosophy from various papers.  I welded in shapes from Old West and tied the shaped decorative tags to plain ones.  I rubbed Chocolate ink over the Orange cardstock from the DreamPop.  The ink really brings out the texture!  The middle tag was embossed.  




Page 12 includes a little 6 page booklet.  In CCR I elongated the shape from Art Philosophy, cut it twice, and folded them over.  I stamped all the pages with Universal Backgrounds Stamp, tied it with twine and attached a little lantern from the Illuminate Stamp Set.  The sentiment is also from this set.

Pages 13 & 14 See Post Oct 31
Pages 13 and 14 are explained in the October 31st Post.

Back cover
The back cover is from Florentine.  The ribbons are scraps--the lace literally is scrap!

So, there it is!  My Mini-Album meets Smash Book!  I think my riding buddy is going to love writing about her horse adventures in here.  There is room for pics, journaling, old bridle tags, camping receipts, notes from clinics, tags from tack, brochures from horse fairs, etc!  I can't wait to give it to her!

2 comments:

  1. Your album is fabulous! Thanks for moving with us @ H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Katrina! This is so awesome! Your friend is going to LOVE it! Thanks for giving me a shout out and joining us at H2H this week!

    ReplyDelete