Saturday, December 28, 2013

Thank You with Wreath and Berries

We have had such a wonderful Christmas season.  Our new little grand-girl was here, we all went to church together with friends, dinner was great, the weather has been super, and I've been riding the past few days.  I'm feeling extremely grateful!

This thank you was inspired by Color my Heart's Challenge to use Juniper and Ruby.

This card is sort of 'old school'; no Cricut cuts, no bells or whistles, just some paper, stamps, ink, ribbon and pinking shears --- and an embossing folder/Grand Calibur!

I used CTMH Colonial White for the wreath and the card base.  I stamped the wreath and berries with the CTMH Remarkable Wreath set, but before that I stamped it in 2nd generation Chocolate using the 'wood grain' stamp from Universal Backgrounds to give it some texture.

The bow is made from the Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon.  I colored it with a Juniper ink pad.  The sentiment is from the CTMH Always Grateful stamp set.

I did do some tone on tone stamping on the red using a retired stamp from CTMH -Adorable Backgrounds; although it is hard to see in the picture.  * I added a 2nd picture below showing the background stamping a little better!

The Slate cardstock is embossed using a Cuttlebug folder.  This has got be one of my favorite folders; it lends itself to so many seasons.

I hope you all had a wonderful week and your celebrations continue into the New Year.  I thank you for all of your kind comments and support as Katie and I have started in this venture with CTMH.  We are both loving it!  She enjoys the live parties and I enjoy the blogging!

Visit KatiesCorner for your CTMH needs - lots of items retiring and bargains at the "While Supplies Last."

Best wishes in the new year!

2 comments:

  1. Love your "old school" card! I was just looking at a pair of pinking shears the other day, thinking about all those Fiskar edger scissors we all used to have... The remarkable wreath looks great with the pinked edge, and mounted on the embossed background. Thanks for joining the dare at Color My Heart this week, and hope to see you again in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your embossing a lot! Great thank-you card! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete