Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Retired CTMH + Old Pics of Son = All Framed Up


It seems there is Sparkle and Shine and Frosted all over the craft room right now!  I was looking for paper and ideas to finish the Mini-album and ran across this 'vintage' CTMH paper.  I can't even tell you the name of it, but I remember buying it and loving it at the time.  For some reason these few sheets were tucked away and never used!  This paper is from the era when you could buy Levels for your experience/ability/time, etc.  Anyway, I found it and used it for this project that was inspired by All Framed Up over at Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog!

I started with the base piece which already had the border and blue in the middle!  Easy, right?  I cut the horse, saddle , letters and fence from Old West.  The fence has a sort of color texture to it that was already in the paper!

I background stamped the blue behind the pictures with the CTMH Adorable Backgrounds stamp.  The horse's mane and tail were inked by pressing a pointed craft stick onto a stamp pad and making strokes in Barn Red to look like hair and then dabbed with the Sunflower yellow (retired color); the barbed wire was inked with Barn Red.  I lightly rubbed patches of Barn Red onto the horse to give her a dark Palomino color.

The ribbon and concho/button are from days gone by, also!

I popped all the pictures and horse off at different levels!  There is a lot of dimension to this project.  Therefore, I had to put it in a shadow box from Hobby Lobby.

The pics are from 3 different years.  My son is now a Junior at Purdue studying Agriculture.  These are three of his favorite horses.  The baby was only 3 in the bottom picture in the snow; Keith trained him.  The top right is of my favorite horse; the pic was from a vet science project he did for 4-H.  The show picture is of a beautiful mare he was showing for someone else.  She was so fun for him!  Hopefully this will bring back some great memories for him when he sees it hanging in the hallway when he's home for break!

5 comments:

  1. Love this! I do hope you are working on how to do one for MY son next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm........thinking, thinking, thinking.......Light Bulb!

      Delete
  2. What a great way to showcase his favorite horses! Thanks for sharing it with H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely way to share your son's love of his horses. Thanks for joining us at H2H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome display! So happy you shared this with us at H2H! :)

    ReplyDelete