Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pine and Cranberry Colors

This creation was inspired by the Color My Heart Challenge.  These colors are so rich and made me think of the  Scandinavian Wishes Stamp Set from CTMH.  Of course this reminded me of a video on Youtube by Joy from Obsessed with Scrapbooking and her Double Gate-fold Card.  For dimensions and instruction on this type of card, check out her video by clicking the link!


Since I wanted to stay with the color scheme, I used Ponderosa Pine cardstock.  This is not double sided; so when I went to adhere the triangles, I made my own paper by stamping a green background on Champagne cardstock with a CTMH Universal Backgrounds (retired) stamp.  I also used this same stamp to add texture to the background heart.  I used Chocolate ink for that.  I chose this background stamp to co-ordinate with the middle of the flower on the heart!

I cut a 2nd set of triangles for the tops.  I used the border stamp from the Scandinavian stamp set to put around the top of the card.  The heart and border are stamped in Cranberry Pigment Ink.  The sentiment and bird were from the same stamp set and done in Chocolate.

The embellishments were from some old buttons and my bag o' ribbon.  That button has its own story.  When I turned it upside down, I saw there was red and green on it.  This may have been an imperfection, but it was perfect for this card!

Now, back to shopping, planning and more cardmaking!   First stop - Katiescorner for more supplies.



5 comments:

  1. Beautiful fold-out card, Katrina. I especially love the layers of textures you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...so pretty, Katrina. I love how you have so many elements yet none are overwhelming or make your card feel cluttered. Thanks for joining us at Color My Heart again. We always look forward to seeing your creative ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card -- I love the format and you've created some wonderful layers. It's the card that keeps on giving! Thanks for taking this week's Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great double fold card and love it! Thanks for joining us at Color Dare

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all! I love the color challenges!

    ReplyDelete