Wednesday, December 11, 2013

In the Barn with Red

Out in my pastures I see three Sorrel horses everyday!  So when I think Barn Red, I think about those beautiful red horses--Harry, Thunder, and Rubin!  Now, please don't tell the others I'm partial to my Sorrel's; I'll pay tribute to the others on another date!  You know the old saying when it comes to horses, "there's no bad color!"  I guess that could apply to the color challenges over at Color My Heart! (Now wasn't that a clever segue?!)


The cuts are as follows:
Snowflake background -  CTMH Scrapbooking
Tags at top - CTMH Artiste
Horse - Old West
Rectangles - Freehand with corner rounder

I cut the snowflake background and set it aside.  I took a piece of used and pressed dryer sheets from my stash of saved ones and sprayed it with adhesive.  I then sprinkled it with glitter.  I immediately flipped it over onto freezer paper and sprayed the other side.  Then I placed it onto my card base.

The embellishments are ribbon that is vintage CTMH and a jingle bell from stash!  My sentiment was CG--computer generated.  I didn't have a stamp with that sentiment and I'm not great at lining up tiny letters.  I used a paisley folder to emboss the barn red tag under the bow.

I love this little guy galloping across the card.  Looking out my window right as I type my guys are looking for any scrap of grass that could be hiding under the snow!  They would only gallop if there were hay to be found on the other side of the pasture!  ; )


3 comments:

  1. EXCELLENT card and love the back-story, too. This IS a beautiful color of brown, although sorrel horses never crossed my mind... Wonderful glittery base for your card! Thanks for linking up to Color My Heart this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! A very clever segue indeed! ;) You are completely right though--some colors are challenging, but I almost love them all! Almost. ;) Dryer sheets, eh? I have been hearing about using those! Love the effect for sure. Your solution for the sentiment is perfect and I should try that more often with all the awesome fonts out there! Thanks so much for playing along again this week at the Color Dare! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love horses! I am jealous of you :) I like how you used the barn red for the horse on your card and tied in the jingle bell theme! Thanks for playing at Color My Heart this week.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete