Monday, December 9, 2013

Frosty! Clearly, it's you!


I have been thinking about doing another card with acetate.  I experimented using it as a cover with leaves back in my Sept 16th Post, but I wanted to try one that was a clear base.  

I cut my acetate to size.  One hint here:  be sure your work area is CLEAN!  Acetate picks up every little piece of anything on your table/desk!  I used StazOn opaque ink and stamped little snow flakes from the Winter Wonderland Stamp set 3Twenty Crafts.  

I cut my scene from A Child's Year and the paper is all from CTMH Frosted.  My first layer is the cut; I backed it with the shadow.  Then I cut 2 shadow pieces from Colonial White larger than the original shadow.  I adhered the basic cut to the original shadow.  I adhered it to the inside cover of the card with ATG along the bottom edge.  To cover the tape, I used the strip of paper from CTMH Frosted on the front of the cover.

I adhered the larger shadow to the inside of the card and then the other to the back.  The sentiment tag was cut from CTMH Artiste and stamped with Artiste Stamp Set.  The back of that sentiment is stamped in Twilight; I used the CTMH Seal-Love Stamp to make all the swirls!  I love the versatility of CTMH stamps!  I'm always using parts of stamps or contorting them in some fashion.  For example, the sentiment is not curved; but because they are clear and pliable, I can curve it and make it fit my space perfectly!

Frosty's flower is from the Winter Wonderland set and is embellished with -- you guessed it -- a Mocha Gem!  He also has a tan bow!  

So, would I do another acetate card?  Hmmm........ I'll have to think on that!  It was tough to keep it clean looking!  I also had a really tough time photographing it!  I'm sure in time I'll forget all of that and do it again.
The inside has room to sign or write a quick message.

Frosty is on his way over to the FCCB for the Holiday Card Challenge!

6 comments:

  1. Love this card-the acetate really lends itself to a winter scene, and that cut is perfect! Thanks for joining us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and lovely card! The snowman outline is really cute. Thanks for sharing :)

    Barbara @ These are beautiful christmas cards! I am so glad to have see fabulous cards as this and I really wish to have talent to create those :) Best wishes to holiday!

    Greetings from Barbara @ Christmas messages

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome technique!!! LOVE the idea of a clear card base! Your card is fabulous!!! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at FCCB this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is incredible, I love the clear card base! Thanks for joining FCCB's holiday cards challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work, Katrina. The acetate looks great and definitely gives the card a magical look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is wonderful. I love it!!! Thank you for joining us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete